Katalyst is an Adelaide based specialist Ruby on Rails web development company known for getting the job done. Our office looks over the ‘too cool’ Leigh Street in the heart of the city and during business hours is filled with the sound of tapping keyboards and Hindley Street regulars.
Right now "things are getting bigger" so we're on the prowl for Junior Ruby on Rails Developers to take under our wing. It's a perfect opportunity for a Junior Developer to be mentored and coached from some of the best Ruby Developers in Adelaide.
What you will be doing:
- Building online applications on an existing Ruby on Rail platform
- Carrying out maintenance and support tasks on existing Ruby On Rails applications
- Working with some great clients
We want to hear from someone who:
- Has, or is graduating with a degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related IT discipline
- Has had some personal experience with website development
- Preferably has some Ruby on Rails experience, but it is not critical
- Has a base understanding of web development control systems (ideally git), processes and tools
- Is forever seeking knowledge and enlightenment
- Wants to be part of a small effective team (with a passion for thongs – the feet kind)
- Realises not everyone has ESP and communicates effectively
- Is either a hobbyist watchmaker or has attention to detail
- Acts like an adult (a responsible one)
Bonus points are earned if you:
- Have any experience or demonstrated examples of Ruby projects
- Can demonstrate knowledge in any other web based programming language
- Have contributed on open source projects
- Have hidden talents that can entertain a group of 7 on demand (mime is not one of them)
- Have written skills that could communicate a project’s technical requirements to any alien life form without the use of speech or hand signals.
Applicants should email email@example.com with their CV.