About the role
Katalyst Interactive is a well-established small business that is experiencing a growing demand for our software development services.
We are seeking a mid-level developer to join our company. This role sits within a team of software developers, designers, and project managers.
As a candidate for this role, you bring an enthusiasm for software development and have a keen interest in web technologies, including frontend, backend, software engineering, user experience, and security.
You are a pragmatic programmer who can manage conflicting priorities. You are interested in growing your programming skills in a collaborative and supportive environment, working with a diverse range of clients and domains.
Work performed by the Software Engineer:
- Developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Design, build, test, and deploy efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Implement user requirements in a full-stack development environment
- Manage and maintain cloud-hosted services
- Make technical decisions autonomously
- Solve complex problems individually and as a team
- Collaborate with team members through pairing, code review, technical discussions, and mentoring
- Participate in team meetings, sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and support project managers in client meetings
Benefits and perks
We'll give you an attractive remuneration package with flexible working arrangements to work from home a few days a week. We place focus on work-life balance by keeping to standard working hours, as well as a comfortable and casual approach to our work environment. Our team enjoys a friendly and supportive environment that offers challenging work and interesting client projects.
Located in the CBD, we have a top floor office that provides scenic views overlooking King William street. Close to public transport with access to trams, buses and trains within a few minutes walk. Our team enjoys getting out to work on their laptops from the cafés nearby and the convenience of Rundle Mall shopping. Our office culture is friendly and our staff create an interactive and enjoyable environment.
Katalyst supports personal development, with a specific budget available for training and access to resources and subscriptions.
Skills and experience
2-3 years experience in software development.
Familiarity with software development methodologies, including:
- Agile Development (e.g. Scrum/Kanban)
- Requirements-based development (e.g. Waterfall)
- Software testing (e.g. TDD)
- DevOps practices
A full-stack attitude to web development with experience or training in:
- Back-end MVC frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
General programming skills, including:
- Source code management
- Familiarity with system administration tools
Experience or interest working with:
- Project managers and team members
- Business stakeholders and clients
Desirable - not essential:
Ruby on Rails experience
A Bachelors or higher degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
A diverse background, such as experience in:
- Corporate IT environments
- Agencies (working with multiple clients)
- Product companies/startups
- Good written and oral communication
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and time management skills
- Proactive and pragmatic in finding solutions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work autonomously
- Self-learning & improvement
- Care for the development environment and interest in improving your toolset
- High regard for the end-user experience
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com and include a current CV and cover letter.
This role is based in Adelaide, South Australia. We encourage interstate candidates to apply if they are willing to relocate to Adelaide.
For any enquiries please contact Andrew at Katalyst Interactive:
connect on linked-in: linkedin.com/in/andaus
or call the office (08) 8410 4111